Fountain Faerie Quests
One of the most wanted things in all of Neopia that you cannot buy is a Fountain Faerie Quest. By completing a Fountain Faerie Quest, you get to choose one of your pets to be painted any (see the few exceptions below) color you want, essentially for FREE. Yes, I did just say free, the exception being that you do of course have to pay for the quest item. Below are the steps and the entire process of a Fountain Faerie Quest.
How to obtain a Fountain Faerie Quest
You do this exactly how you would any other faerie quest - see our faerie quest page for more information. These are very rare, and you will most likely get other quests before getting one of these. Every time you get a quest, be sure to read who it is from. If it says "The Fountain Faerie..." this is a Fountain Faerie Quest. The most common mistake is confusing her and the water faerie. A Fountain Faerie Quest should look something like the image below:
What to do when you get a Fountain Faerie Quest?
During quests you are not allowed to use the Shop Wizard. The very first thing you want to do when you get a Fountain Faerie Quest is buy the item that the Fountain Faerie needs you to find. To do this you can choose one of the following two options:
Option 1 - Using a Side Account
Option 2 - Using the NeoBoards
One of the easiest methods to use. Since you perform the search yourself, you can make sure you're getting best deal you can find.
1. Log on to a side account and locate the item you need via the Shop Wizard, Trading Post, Auction House, etc.
2. Make a note of the shop, trade, auction, or other sales point (copying the URL from your address bar is usually sufficient).
3. Switch back to your main account and purchase the item.
You can also ask for Shop Wizard assistance from people on the Quest NeoBoards . The people on this wonderful board will look up the item you need on the Shop Wizard. All you have to do is the following:
1. Create a new topic with the title 'Quest Help' or 'FFQ Help Needed' (either one of those should get you a fast response).
2. Post the item name in your first message and then wait.
3. In no time at all, a nice, friendly user should have posted the usernames of the shops that item is currently available in.
4. From there just search for that user on Neopets, visit their shop and purchase the item.
Once the item is on your main account, visit the Quests Page to give the Fountain Faerie the item. It should look like the image below.
How do I get my pet painted after I have completed the quest?
Once you have completed the quest you should receive this message:
Here is a special note that not too many people know about. You don't have to paint a pet that you already have. You can create a new pet that is the species you want and the exact name you want (so long as it's not taken). Once you know which pet you would like to paint, go to the Rainbow Fountain . The page should look something like this:
Select your color from the drop down menu, and click on the "Get My New Color" button. From there the page should load and give you a nice little picture of your just painted pet.
Color Exception Notice
While the rarest of their kind, you should consider yourself very lucky if you receive one of these quests. Once you do, the hard part is over and the easy part begins, buying the item and picking which pet to paint. Have fun driving yourself crazy trying to get one of these quests, it would probably be best to just go about your daily Neopets playing and just hope for the best.
I would like to thank carrotopian for the use of her awesome screenies!
Errors or incorrect info? Contact Us.
There are no active daily alerts. Check the other tabs for more.
The Turmaculus cannot be woken up.
Featured Band: Blue Kacheek Group
« Previous Now Next »
Oct 10th - Eyrie Day
Oct 13th - Bori Day
Oct 16th - Jetsam Day
Oct 23rd - Symol Day
Oct 26th - Korbat Day
Oct 31st - Halloween
Recent TDN Forums Posts
- Daily Puzzle
- How to tell which word is censored?
- Wednesday, October 7th
- coordiates and coding
- How much refreshing to equip a Mootix?
- very worried!
- You know what I kinda miss? The NC Halloween events from last year and the year before