The Petpet Laboratory
What is it!
The Petpet Laboratory is a secret area that only those who are privileged may take their beloved Petpets and subject them to a giant ray. Putting your Petpet under the ray can do numerous things to your Petpet. Collecting the secret map pieces will gain you access, as described below.
Where is it?
Do you think we could tell you that? It is a secret after all. The Kookith who runs it wouldn't be so happy.
Then how do I get there?
You have to collect all of the nine pieces of the Petpet Lab Map, much like you do for the Secret Laboratory map. Unlike the Lab Map (900,000 to over 1,000,000 Neopoints) you can get this map for about 6,000 Neopoints. The catch is you MUST already have access to the normal Secret Laboratory to be eligible to enter the Petpet Lab.
Once you have all the pieces of the map, you must have them in your inventory and take them here . You can then submit them and be granted access to the lab!
What can the Ray actually do to my Petpet?
The Petpet ray can:
- Change your Petpet's color
- Change your Petpet's species
- Gain levels
- Decrease levels
- Change your Petpet's name
- Turn your Petpet into a pile
- Make your Petpet disappear into oblivion
- Do nothing at all
The Kookith begins wildly pushing buttons on the console, which looks to be made of cardboard and... Achyfi cans?! This can't be right! You being formulating a plan to rescue your Petpet and run far, far away, but it's too late. The ray has already been fired...
You can only zap one Petpet per day, but you can zap every day for the rest of your account's life!
It changes my Petpet's SPECIES?!
It does indeed! You can even get a Moltenore, a very rare Petpet. But don't think of making millions from it; as soon as you unattach it from your Pet to sell, it will revert back to the Petpet that it was prior to zapping, and on your Pet's lookup, it will say that it has been zapped by the Petpet Lab Ray.
And what about COLORS?
Yep! It can change your Petpet any color. The really rare colors such as Grey can be painted via the Petpet Ray - and there are even a few colors exclusive to the Petpet Lab - these are 8-Bit, Strawberry, Chocolate, Gold, and Jelly.
Is there an avatar?
Indeed there is! When your Petpet is zapped into a Pile of Soot you can get this avatar!
A point worth raising about Piles of Soot is that it is still a Petpet which you can zap. It's only when it's destroyed that it goes away for real! Also, you can receive avatars for a Petpet. If your Petpet is over the amount of days it needs to be to receive an avatar, and at that time it happens to zap into the right Petpet species, the avatar is obtainable.
It sounds really good, but are there any negative things about it?
As with a lot of things, yes.
- When you unattach the Petpet it reverts to its original form.
- If your Petpet has ever been zapped it is now ineligible to win any prizes from the Petpet Protection League and you cannot receive prize money for it. Even if you have unattached it and it has reverted back, you cannot receive prizes.
- If a Petpet has/is being zapped, they cannot be painted at the Petpet Puddle .
- If your Petpet is zapped into a Krawk, you will not be able to change it into a Krawk Neopet.
As you can see there are a few drawbacks. Whether it is worth it is not an easy decision - which is why the price has gone down from 250k when it was released to around 6k for the set of map pieces now.
Errors or incorrect info? Contact Us.
There are no active daily alerts. Check the other tabs for more.
The Turmaculus cannot be woken up.
Featured Band: Blue Kacheek Group
« Previous Now Next »
Jan 3rd - Aisha Day
Jan 6th - Gnorbu Shearing Day
Jan 11th - Festival of Buzz
Jan 14th - Sloth Appreciation Day
Jan 16th - Elephante Day
Jan 29th - Kacheek Day
Recent TDN Forums Posts
- Greetings ^^
- Changed password and now I can't log in...
- Can't Unequip Battle Items
- anyone else having a lot of scores being reviewed by TNT today?
- Does lab ray convert UC pets to converted pets?
- Wednesday, January 28th